Saturday, February 1, 2014

Review: Taste of Darkness

Taste of Darkness (Healer, #3)Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It took me quite a while to remember all the events and characters present in the previous books. I had to go back quite a few times to find what certain place, character and event meant, to refresh my mind while reading this last book of the Healer series. I would definitely recommend that you have the previous books fresh in your head so you'll have a most enjoyable experience.
Otherwise, this was good! I really felt it did a good job in taking us to all the cool places and events Maria V Snyder built for this series!
We start immediately after Kerrick dissapears. Avry is struggling to find him. And complicated stuff happens: How to win a war against an undead army?
We navigate through this book with different POV's of Avry and Kerrick, switching back and forth in key little cliffhangers; a writting style that is familiar to most of Maria's books.

That huge amount of secondary and supporting characters play interesting roles within this book. For example Flea shines with his character development of finding and embracing his powers. I kind of felt that Ryne was a douche and I quite never understood why he behaved the way he did with Avry. I'm being vague, of course, cause I won't spoil much, however, let me be clear: prince Ryne, you're a nasty condescending man (er, fictional character).

My favourite adventure in this book was the visit to the Monastery Of Chinksa Made to find Melina. Koodos for creating such a vivid description of events!!!

There are things that felt unresolved. But in overall, I think I had my mind satisfied with this finale.

Count me in for any future book, story, novella Maria publishes!!

---
The publishers, generously provided me this ARC through NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to Harlequin MIRA.

View all my reviews

No comments: