Saturday, February 1, 2014

Army of Me

Horde (Razorland, #3)Horde by Ann Aguirre
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Tips for reading Horde:

1) Find the song 'Army of Me' by Björk. Play it while reading its lyrics. Start reading (this way you'll have a fun song to relate when Deuce kicks ass).

2) Embrace the story about the wizard in the cupboard and rejoice on how subtle Ann Aguirre brings our present, into this fictional future. Yes, this was Harry Potter!

3) Have a box of tissues ready.

4) Try to avoid reading before you sleep. You may be haunted by nightmares... The descriptions are so real (and gory).

5) Make sure you'll not be interrupted by the last half of it, once you hit the chapter called 'Pledge', you'll be bound to finish!

6) You'll learn where Fade's father comes from ;)

7) Find a fresh box of tissues just for the Epilogue.

8) Declare your undying fealty to Ann Aguirre and her awesomeness by putting the 'Razorland Trilogy' on a shiny pedestal in your library (even if it's an electronic one).

9) Eat some cherries!

As you can imagine by the above list, Horde was everything I hoped for 10x more. I can't believe I waited this much to dive into it.

I'll save you precious time that you can devote to reading. Here are the lyrics for Björk's 'Army of Me':

"stand up
you've got to manage
i won't sympathize
anymore

and if you complain once more
you'll meet an army of me

you're allright
there's nothing wrong
self-sufficience please!
and get to work

and if you complain once more
you'll meet an army of me

you're on your own now
we won't save you
your rescue-squad
is too exhausted

and if you complain once more
you'll meet an army of me"


View all my reviews

No comments: