It has come to my attention that many of the books I read have this fundamental detail that keeps making me pay extra extra attention: FOOD!
I've developed severe food cravings from books. I've also been inspired by recipes, dishes and things described by fictional characters.
I am introducing in my book reviews a Fictional Meals section, highlighting some food items characters eat/cook/have, interesting dishes I want to try or some curious food stuff books describe.
Here is my ever-growing list of yummy stuff:
* Coconut Scones and lots of delicacies from The Crown of Embers and The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
* Eggplant relish with a stack of triangular-cut slices of flatbread from Knight Assassin by Rima Jean
* Pizza (various flavours) from Crash by Lisa McMann
* The famous lemon cakes from A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
* Inspector Janus Mikani's bread from A.A. Aguirre Bronze Gods