Sunday, June 22, 2014

"I've done horrible things in a previous life to deserve this. Kicked a cherub or spit on a cloud"

Rules of SurvivalRules of Survival by Jus Accardo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mhhhh this book was just perfect. From the cover to its contents you'll be fully engaged.

This book tells the story of Kayla, an 18 year old girl who is seriously in trouble. She has spent all of her life running away with her mother, a con artist , throughout different towns in the United States, hiding from authorities and bounty hunters. However, her life suddenly becomes more dangerous after she ends up wanted for the murder of her own mother. A crime she didn't commit. Closely chased down by a persistent bounty hunter, Patrick, and his very handsome partner, Shawn; Kayla experiences a very intense adventure and battle to unveil the mystery of her mother's death. This book had everything you'll ever wish in the sexy New Adult genre.

I simply couldn't put it down! I naïvely started this book just as I went to bed, hoping to read a chapter or two, but I was so very wrong. I finished it in one sitting, staying up all night. It was very addictive.

I laughed out loud, worried, and cheered for Kayla. She is independent, grounded and smart. The ending gave her extra points for her choices. Good job!

My heart also went to Shawn. What a lovely sexy bounty hunter. He is interesting and has more depth than meets the eyecandy.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone interested in having a fun and mysterious time with Kayla, specially when she gets handcuffed to Shawn (which is pretty much the whole book).

----
A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by the publisher, Entangled through NetGally; in exchange for an honest review. No sexy bounty hunters were offered for expressing my true opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments: