Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rant: Unspoken


Unspoken
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Right now I can only think of Mark Twain - "When angry count four; when very angry, swear."

And sooooo I will: 1234-----

WTF??? Seriously? Is this truly, seriously, honestly how you decided to end this book???

Gahh I literally hurt myself throwing it at the floor [it landed on my foot, yeah, my husband witnessed my undignifying outburst], and it fueled my rage, then I started to recite: 'Rage, rage against the dying of the light.' With minor adaptations....then, I quietly searched online what was being said about 'the book I shall not name' (because I'm still worked up)... And it got worse! Unbelievable so. Sarah Rees Brennan has been sharing 4 teasers since October 2012 for the sequel, Untold.


This first teaser scene caused a recurrent eye twitch, click at your own risk: THE first teaser


This book is EVIL, Sarah Rees Brennan will mess up with your head, heart & that soft part of you that loves rainbows. You'll become a mad(wo)man after reading this, frantically looking for clues as to why oh why were you surprised; all the hints were there, you just chose to ignore them ;)
It has a mystery, a funny reference to purple and a flowy skirt with bees and red flowers... I'm hooked (says with a pirate drawl - yeah, that crazy it made me)...Arggggg

You have been warned.

-------
Best part of my outburst, I was proactive and wrote a nice note to Sarah Rees Brennan, and she graciously replied to me:



On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Lina wrote:
From: Lina

Dear Sarah,

I hurt my foot today. It was very quick and unexpected. It happened right after I reached the last line of Unspoken, when a madwoman took control of my body and threw the book I was holding, with so much anger and rage into the floor. My husband witnessed this outburst and laughed for a while. It's been hard to explain all of this to him while tending my achy toes.

I thought you should know.

Sincerely,

Lina G.


Date: 5 Feb 2013 13:58
Subject: Re: [your-subject]
To: "Lina"
Cc:

Dear Lina,

Many apologies for your hurt foot and hurt feelings... but I'm so glad you told me about them!

All best for quick recovery, though I may only hurt them again,

Sarah

--
This mail is sent via contact form on Sarah Rees Brennan


View all my reviews

No comments: