Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Hint of Frost- book review


A Hint of Frost (Araneae Nation, #1)A Hint of Frost by Hailey Edwards
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this book with Kerry , who graciously agreed to do a read along with me. It was so much fun, and I am completely biased towards rating this book because the stars I will give are for the whole reading experience: Including our hilarious discussions every 2 chapters.

So let's say 3 stars for the story and 10 for the read-along ! Kerry , you rock!

At a glance:

Its told from the POV of Lourdes, the eldest daughter of the heads of the Aranae clan. The people from these clans are able to create threads and weave, giving the impression that they are sort of spidery.  It starts with the murder of her patents and the betrayal of the clan that was supposed to protect them, the Theridiidae. She summoned another clan, the  Mimetidae to defend them, and a pact is sealed with interesting obligation: she must marry a warrior from the Mimetidae clan in order to ensure their alliance.
These people have fangs and like human flesh, fun times ahead for Lourdes!

The story was creative, with steamy smexy scenes. As a first book of a series, it gives some hints of a bigger background story happening, while things get resolved for our main characters.

There is an insinuation of what I interpreted as Bambi - zombies, Rhys the Cold has digestive issues, Lourdes has the ability to think of her brothers in the most awkward moments, points were made with forks and happily ever afters include all sorts of strings attached. We fondly nicknamed this book Frosty.

Quick read with tons of hilarious strange dialogues.


"Spiky petals of a green flower unfurled in my chest. I named it jealousy"

" 'Agreed. Whatever private thing you two attend through the crack of a door doesn't concern me beyond fodder for my nightmares.'
He sounded disturbed."

And many many moreeeeeeeee. Have fun :-)


View all my reviews

No comments: