Thursday, September 20, 2012

Foretold: Book review - a bit of this and that

Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and PredictionForetold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction by Carrie Ryan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book feels like a recipe. Add a little bit of hope (Taylor's: 'Gentlemen Send Phantoms'), loneliness (McMann's: 'The Angriest Man'), strength (Lo's: 'One True Love'), remorse (de la Peña's: 'The Mind is a Powerful Thing'), sweetness (Mitchell's: 'The Chosen One'), fate (Elkeles'), change-choice (Ryan's: The Killing Garden') and top it up with a secret favourite ingredient: Rose & Dimitri from Mead's VA series.
All and all it's a solid compilation of prophetic tones. A yummy treat, perfect for savouring in between reads. As with many ingredients, some you'll love, others you won't even remember...probably some will leave you with a bad taste on your mouth!
And like any recipe, you'll never know how it will be for you, unless you try it. So you have been warned!

For some unexplainable reason, while reading this book I had a song stuck in my mind: 'Dream On' by Aerosmith. What brought this song? No clue. Maybe it's a sign, which I will not dare to ignore... Who am I to question the matters of fate?

So here we go:

'Every time that I look in the mirror
all these lines on my face getting clearer
the past is gone
it went by like dusk to dawn
isn't that the way
everybody's got their dues in life to pay

yeah, I know nobody knows
where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
you got to lose to know how to win

half my life's in books' written pages
live and learn from fools and from sages
you know it's true
all the things you do, come back to you

sing with me, sing for the years
sing for the laughter and sing for the tears
sing with me, if it's just for today
maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away

dream on, dream on, dream on,
dream yourself a dream come true
dream on, dream on, dream on,
and dream until your dream comes true
dream on [7x]'

***And it will not be Foretold, rather a choice to face the big wave- this picture will add up to this review's recipe: words+music+visuals ;) random stuff indeed***


Untitled





View all my reviews

No comments: