Monday, September 3, 2012

Review: Wicked as They Come


Wicked as They Come
Wicked as They Come by Delilah S. Dawson

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



Why did I end up checking this book from the library? I really don't remember, maybe I was sleep deprived or wanted to gawk at the cover and did not fully understand what I was getting myself into.
For the benefit of the doubt I will say in my defense that I was drawn to the vampire-gypsy-streampunk idea or something like that... Which I am still trying to understand.

As you have already guessed, I really did not like this book. I was bored beyond reason, tried to force myself to read it -which I rarely have to- by packing it on my purse as my only companion to my commute to work. I started reading it a few weeks back and just simply forgot about it after page 50 or something, because all that was happening on those pages were just endless conversations and comments of Letitia trying to figure out if she was dreaming or not. Hello!! First rule of a dream: If a vampire-bunny bites you and you bleed and this is hurting you: IT IS NOT A DREAM.

But because I have to return it soon, I gave it a second chance. GAHHHH It is very very boring and lacks depth of characters and story-building. Letitia is a dull plain character whom I didn't understand, empathize or even like, why should I care what happens to her and her precious locker?? Criminy is just weird. I found him creepy, scary and a bit too much of the prince-charming- stalker-OMG-you're- a-stereotype-for-all-fantasy-male-I-can't-live-without-you type of character. Yuck! I ended up skimming this book willing it to show me something fun and worth reading. I'm sorry, but I won't be diving into this Blud word anytime soon.

Perhaps the only thing I enjoyed was the image of a bloodthirsty herd of vampire-bunnies! I rooted for them throughout the story to have them munch into Letitia! However, as the books said: no point of dreaming if you don't dream the dream. As such: tonight I will make it happen in my dreams :) *rubs hands and smiles wickedly*
I am a vampire bunny, this fluffiness is a trap to get you closer
I am a vampire bunny, this fluffiness is a trap to get you closer

**I need a quick book detox: Next!!



View all my reviews

No comments: