Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review: Shadowfever


Shadowfever
Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This series has stirred me in more ways than I could imagine. How to begin. Well, first let's start with the end. This book did not have a cliffhanger and I am very grateful that it has still many loose ends. But tight enough that I can accept them.

I loved everything about this series. The pace, characters, their development, the world it created, the Fae lore, the portrait of Dublin, and specially the way emotions are portrayed: sorrow, death, lust, vengeance, trust, betrayal and forgiveness. It was both dark and light, as the Far world.
I pretty much devoured the last 2 books, happy to have recently discovered it in a time when it was all out and I didn't have to wait for months to read what happens next. Specially after all those nasty cliffhangers... I was so so so mad after finishing Dreamfever!! I seriously ranted for a while that night and was not calm until I was certain that Mac was truly lost with that loss she created... I know, cryptic, but It's hard to write a review of an ending book of a series without telling all sorts of spoilers.

I will only leave you dear reader with a promise: if Urban Fantasy and Paranormal themes with STRONG female leads are your cup of tea. This is your series!

And for those of you who wonder: the male characters are hard to forget. Specially one bookstore owner: Jerico Barrons... I could buy every single book from your bookstore!!!




View all my reviews

No comments: