Thursday, March 6, 2014

“It’s amazing how many times we need to go against our survival instincts to survive.”

World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)World After by Susan Ee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What would you do in Penryn's World After?
I think I would spectacularly fail as I have zero self-defence training... and sometimes I lack preservation instincts too. But this is the beauty of World After, it takes you into a familiar place without all the baggage. After reading a lot of angel and dystopian books, I feel this one is just fucking awesome.

youre awesome photo youreawesome_zps698746a5.gif

Everything is so messed up in her world it seems so hopeless to act; but believe me when I tell you, Penryn makes this scenario into something worth fighting for! Her determination is glorious and her sense of humour is just perfect. I laughed out loud so many times while listening to this, people just stared at me :)

This books starts immediately after the ending of Angelfall and will take you to unexpected places.

(I'm actively avoiding any plot descriptions and I don't want to spoil a thing).

I savoured this book in its entirety, as I decided to try the audio version and I couldn't imagine a different experience! I even ended up buying the audiobook of Angelfall expecting a re-reading in the future, as the voice of the narrator is perfect. She makes you feel that you're inside a teenager's head! I definitely recommend this format!

Ohhh Susan Ee knows how to make good finales! The ending of book was spectacular! It was so well detailed and described I felt I was seeing every-single detail. **Bravo** Susan Ee for your vivid storytelling and imagination.

 photo tumblr_m5xtkwgawk1r7p94h_zps555cc0d4.gif

View all my reviews

No comments: