Thursday, October 3, 2013

"The Mazikin will grow their numbers soon. They always do."

Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)Fractured by Sarah Fine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my heart hutrsssssssssss badly
I have no words right now.
Will come back later, when I can stop screaming, to write more coherently O_o
---


I finished this book late last night and was worried I would end up having Mazikin filled nightmares. My heart is aching and my mind is racing. Lela Santo's life-afterlife-life is surely very complicated.

And ... oh dear dear Malachi!! I have been following your life through the pages of your journal (Here) and I have no words!! You're becoming more and more real to me than Lela. I badly want to be able to read Fractured from your POV. You're more than fiction to me, thanks to your insightful descriptions.

I don't want to spoil much this book by talking about its plot. I will instead focus on the things that marked me from this series. Most of you are aware of Sarah's background as a psychologist, as such, I seriously like her take on suicide, foster care and acceptance. Lela's upbringing and abusive childhood is pretty much skilfully woven in this series. I applaud when these social issues are highlighted and talked about in different spaces, particularly in fiction. Thank you Sarah for contributing discussions and awareness through your literary world!

Going back to the book, I will just tell you lovely to-be readers that this one has a very appropriate cliffhanger, which makes me anxiously crave for book #3!!

---
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from its publishers, Amazon Children's Publishing, through NetGalley. Thank you for allowing me to read this exciting ARC!


View all my reviews

No comments: