Tuesday, September 17, 2013

'Any truth is better than indefinite doubt' - Sherlock Holmes

A Study in Silks (The Baskerville Affair, #1)A Study in Silks by Emma Jane Holloway
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh, my oh, my oh, my... Evelina Cooper, you rock!

smile photo smile_zps1f4a54a4.gif

This book was glorious :-) I had the best of times reading it, as I slowly devoured its words.
I am a big fan of that mysterious brilliant detective Sherlock so I was immediately drawn to the premise of this book: Shelock's niece, Evelina, Victorian England, a big mystery, romance and lots of steampunk adventures *happy dance* it was great!! From its superb language, alternating POV's and crafty plot, this book will seriously transport you to a different era/world. I was so impressed by the way each character's voice was meticulously maintained.


I have to admit that it was a bit long to finish, taking into account there are 2 more coming, but otherwise I felt it was just great. It made me laugh, cringe, worry, blush and curse! Everything in the best right measure.
The best thing: this mystery has more to come!!!
I can't wait :-)

Seriously recommended for fans of Agatha Christie, Conan Doyle and Sherlock! You'll be very happy meeting Evelina!

---
A Study in Silks was generously given to me by its publishers, Random House & Del Rey Spectra, through NetGalley. All in exchange of a time travel machine and a cup of Earl Grey... -ehem- Nevermind, no time travel machines were offered, just a honest review (and the Earl Grey was provided by my diligent husband).

View all my reviews

No comments: