Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Review: The Water Witch -- "Oh, wait... I just realized I don't care"

The Water Witch (Fairwick Chronicles, #2)The Water Witch by Juliet Dark
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Zzzzzz

Cailleach McFey is definitely a character whom I feel a complete lack of empathy...Her motivations and actions constantly made my eyes roll *sigh*... I gave this book a second chance, since I had started it a few months back, but then I was very distracted and it lost me.... However, again, I was bored and skimmed The Water Witch through the end.

I feel that the positive elements of this series are the world it creates and its long list of diverse and interesting characters (succubi, incubi, witches, fairies, Norse gods, vampires, etc), but for a book that advertises romance, it felt short! I am still not convinced of all the naïvety in Callie that reflects upon her actions.

After two tries, I don't know if I will have the enthusiasm to read the 3rd book.

i don't care photo ijustrealizedidontcare_zpsbe29c683.gif

View all my reviews

No comments: