Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review: Prodigal Son


Prodigal Son
Prodigal Son by Debra Mullins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Since this book will only be out in a few weeks (Pub. date: Oct 1st), I will briefly try to convey my enthusiasm over my experience while reading this book.
I craved entertainment, action and adventure and I got it all in Prodigal Son.

Let me start by swooning over Mr Rafael Montana, or Rafe for those of us who are more familiar with him...Aaaaaahhhh Rafe *sigh* he is such a hot badass! As an outcast Seer from a family of such, he is a Bounty Hunter in Las Vegas, with 'zero percent failure rate'. He has the super-powers to find people easily, discern when people tell the truth or lie and when in need, he can turn into a super-Hulk-like person an invite a 'Hunter' entity that is dormant inside him. Our dear tormented and loner Rafe ends up taking a mysterious yet simple case: to find a guy (Danny), who fled bail in connection to a car robbery. Because Danny is Cara's stepbrother, Cara inevitably crosses into Rafe's path.
Cara is strong, smart and extremely loyal towards those she cares. Even though she is a fictional character, her concerns and worries felt very real. I cheered for her!

Prodigal Son tells a great fast-paced urban fantasy romantic story.
All the good stuff I like in this genre is present: a cool setting (Las Vegas and a very detailed road trip), intricate plot, great chemistry between the two main characters and hot sexy scenes.

I would have liked a bit more of a background story in how Danny ends up in this whole mess, but perhaps it will just unnecessarily drag the story...

I devoured this book in two days and can't wait to see what Debra Mullins will do with this interesting world, mythology and characters in future stories. I am dying to know more about Mr. Gray...
---

I received this book from its publishers, Macmillan-Tor/Forge for an early reading and review through NetGalley. Thank you for allowing me the wonderful chance to read this story in advance!




View all my reviews

No comments: