Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Review: Princess of the Silver Woods


Princess of the Silver Woods
Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I liked this series!

I've been enjoying this re-telling trend of fairy tales and I must say that Jessica Day George and Marissa Meyer are my two favourite re-tellers so far.

I am a sucker for books that not only tell a story but give you cool add-ons like maps, playlists, songs, glossaries, family trees, recipes, and in this case kitting patterns! They make me happy as they bring new ways to leave you thinking more about the stories they tell. Every single one of the books from this series comes with it's knitting pattern of an item that was highlighted on the book. I am a knitter, so this makes it even better :)

This story focuses on the youngest of the 12 daughter of King Gregor, Petunia. She is minding her own business doing some travelling in Westfalin as she is headed to the Grand Duchess' home where she was invited for a short stay. However, before she arrives, she ends up in the hands of the feared outlaws Wolves of the Woods of Westfalin. Things get extremely complicated from then on and we do have lots of King Under Stone and his brothers appearances in this book. I liked how it connected different stories and brought back characters from the previous two books.

Beyond the knitting, what I really enjoy is how strong and smart are these 12 sisters. They are not your regular stereotypical princesses; they know how to fight, defend their ideas and stand for themselves. Maybe we can have a book for each sister! Okay Jessica Day George, I am waiting for the remaining 9 books.



View all my reviews

No comments: