Friday, April 26, 2013

"You're nothing but a bird with an attitude"

Angelfall (Penryn & The End Of Days, #1)Angelfall by Susan Ee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book a few days ago and I've been slowly gathering my thoughts to write this. Why? Because it was awesome.

Lately I've been having some iffy times with books about angels. I'm so very tired of the same formula being used over and over: angel meets girl *ghasp* insta-love and lots of drama and stuff. So yeah... I wasn't sure it was the right time to journey into Angelfall, but I'm glad I did.
I did not expect this book's plot at all. By the second page I was entirely convinced this book was different. It's another one of those times in which the great reviews from Goodreads are right on the spot for me. I love it!

This book starts with a beautiful eerie description.

Ironically, since the attacks, the sunsets have been glorious. Outside our condo window, the sky flames like a bruised mango in vivid orange, reds, and purples.

The world is in ruins because angels pretty much showed up a few months ago and caused havoc and destruction.  It is unclear why. What we know is that cities are becoming dangerous, as survivors gang up to scavenge anything left. Is an each one on its own kind of scenario.
We learn all of this from Penryn, our 17 year old MC, since this book is told from her POV.
I decided not to read the description on the back before starting, making my reading experience even better. Seriously I loved having absolutely no idea of where, who and what to expect beyond angels, when opening the book.  So, I refuse to spoil anything else here.

The book is great: the prose is amazing,  you'll love Penryn, our smart, strong and caring main character and above all, you'll have fun. Yup, this book took me places and made me laugh.
I am very eager to read what happens afterwards!

In overall, Bravo Susan Ee, you've gained a new fan with Angelfall

youre awesome photo youreawesome_zps698746a5.gif

View all my reviews

No comments: