Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review: A Shade of Vampire


A Shade of Vampire
A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



*sigh* I'm a sucker for vampire books. To the point that I'm doing a vampire book challenge, where I'm reading 5 vampire books per month. For these reasons, I am making an effort to read books from all vampire varieties and all markets: indie published and not. In this quest, I stumbled upon A Shade of Vampire. The author had a book giveaway a few weeks back. I wasn't a winner, but she was kind enough to send the first few chapters to her participants to entice them to read the book. I read them through, and was curious enough to get the book. I was excited to start where the teaser left. Buttttt argh. It bored me :( to the point where I just skimmed it over. Not interested in the way the story went. To be fair, I knew what I was getting myself into, but it lost me.

This book is told from two POV's Sophie and Derek. Sophie is 17. She was taking a night walk on the beach and ends up kidnapped by Lucas, a vampire who takes her to a secret vampire ruled island where she is groomed and prepared to be a member of Derek's (Lucas' brother) human harem. At the same time, we switch back and forth between her and Derek's perspective. He is being waked up after 400 years of stasis. He is one of the most powerful vampires and he is the prince of the vampire coven that inhabits the island. Once he wakes up, he sees the harem and *zap* insta-interest for Sophie happens. This was basically what the teaser had; but I thought it would have a different twist or something unexpected. I was wrong. This story is very lineal, with little room for surprises. It tells you every single detail, expression and thoughts. I gave this book a chance because the plot was looking good. But I was sad when I was reading it and was three steps ahead of the story, knowing exactly what was going to happen.

I skimmed the end and yeah. Not for me....

You had a good start!
you had a good start photo youhadagoodstart_zps5c7c5e79.gif



View all my reviews

No comments: