Tuesday, March 12, 2013

“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”



“Oh, my sweet summer child," Old Nan said quietly, "what do you know of fear?

Fear is for the winter, my little lord, when the snows fall a hundred feet
deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long
night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children
are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and
hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods” 


Today, I had the good fortune of enjoying the Game of Thrones Exhibit devoted to the HBO series. It was awesome.


Cool fanart from the show
I had a chance to see some props of the show, seat on the Iron Throne and daydream about the fantastic characters of this world.

I *heart* Jon Snow
Ohhh Tyrion, you're too smart

Daenerys Targaryen, you're awesome
(and I love your hair)




I'm still listening to book one, and only watched 6 episodes of the first season, however this has been in the course of one month, so lets say that my fangirl devotion is seriously building up. The exhibit was cool, but some of the things were obviously spoilery....  I just chose not to read many of the explanations, and simply enjoy the experience!












At the end, the Iron Throne suffered from our shenanigans, which I am sure will make part of it's history and our tumultuous rein.

“When you play a game of thrones you win or you die.” 

No comments: