Sunday, October 21, 2012

Review: False Memory


False Memory
False Memory by Dan Krokos

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



What a fun ride!!!

This books is written from the POV of Miranda North. A seventeen year old girl who wakes up in a park-bench without any memory of her past. Very early in the book, we discover that her headaches are not what they seem and she has the ability to create an energy that causes fear on people. Superpowers+amnesia= dangerous combination, right?

If you like science fiction/fantasy get ready to meet Miranda. She is the most centered amnesiac I've ever read. You will become close to her while reading about her circumstances: what she is facing and trying to comprehend, specially while she finds logic in what she experience what she thinks, feels and believes of the world. I know, I sound like a riddle. But allow me to quote a piece, directly from the girl herself:

'If you love someone, the idea is you respect them enough to trust them. Not take away their freedom. Their life.'

description

Isn't this fantastic?

I hope you get what I was trying to say by reading this quote. Miranda's logic is admirable. The frankness of how she perceives what occurs makes this book AMAZINGBALLS - I know, I am trying to write a very mature review, but I simply can't. This book was great. Really. Great. Dan Krokos did a wonderful job when he wrote this book.

Perfect for those of us who love MIB, The Adoration of Jenna Fox, Skinned, The Fringe... you get what I mean. If this is your genre,
I suggest you to make sure to add it to your reading list.

I can't wait for the next one...





View all my reviews

No comments: