Thursday, August 9, 2012

Review: Magic Bites


Magic Bites
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Fun fun fun.
Review to come :)
I have a soft spot for UF + female kick-ass main characters + paranormal world. As such, I was not surprised in the least bit when I started reading this book and found myself enjoying it every step of the way!

I am so used to bigger, bulkier and heavier reads and this series brought a lot of fresh air in this department! It's a book that you can read in an afternoon and has more character growth, key descriptions, less repetitions and funny moments than many of the UF reads I've had lately (*wink wink* Frost, Saintcrow and Kenyon). However the magic world and how it is presented brings positive resemblances to those series I cherish: Stacia Kane's Downside Ghosts and the YA Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver.

In an imagined world, I can see Kate Daniels discussing magic use and spells to counteract disasters with Cesarian Putman and them trying to tutor Riley Blackthorne who wants a bit of advise on independence and kickass looks, all while she shows off to them on her awesome fighting demon skills!
Oh I wish I could read this!!!



View all my reviews

No comments: