Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Immortal Rulers

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thankfully, one of the key questions to ask in life has a clear and natural response in me: which undead character you like the most? Between ghosts, vampires, zombies, mummies, etc. I am a vampire pop-culture fan. I really enjoy following and reading films and books of these dark, undead complicated and bloodsucking characters. The Blade films brought kick-ass vampires wilding a sword into my life.

Blade is a kick-ass vamp
These were  further developed in Underworld, with female strong awesome vampires. As such, I am naturally inclined to enjoy reading this book.

Selene is also kick-ass vamp

Julie Kagawa is a skillful author whose ways with words are formidable when adventure, fantasy and storytelling collide. I loved the Iron Fey series and I am now a devoted follower of her social media appearances (twitter and blog) making her stories and real life interactions more fun when she is combining them. I am happy to inform that all the hype around this new series is true! 

Allison Sakamoto is a new character who has become one of my favourite female leads. Her wits, drive to survive, sensibility, flaws and strength are great traits that make her a wonderful heroine. And of course, she is a vampire with amazing katana fighting skills, who is living in an epic dystopia! 

Oh, there are not enough words for me to describe how much I enjoyed this book. I cannot wait to read its sequels, which I am sure I will adore.  If you haven't read this book, do yourself a favour and start right now. 

View all my reviews

No comments: