Friday, June 15, 2012

Review: Grave Mercy


Grave Mercy
Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Ismae: your life is very dangerous, yet so unique and very entertaining. Set in the XVth century, this tale of plotting, religious charms, political allegiances and turmoil brought a refreshing cast of characters to my life. I really truly enjoyed this book. I devoured eagerly it's 549 pages and I am craving more!!

Ismae is a daughter of Death. He is worshipped as a saint/god at the place she is taken to safety after a horrible arranged marriage. This is a convent, where she will be trained as an assassin, a handmaiden of Death. Her training and further assignments leads us to a fantastic story of trust, love and deception. It was well told and I will definately look forward to the next chapters of this series, specially after Ismae's tale left a nice soft spot in my heart.

I'm ready for the bloodshed! ready? photo tumblr_mraexyJBWv1rdqbfro1_500_zps126e0328.gif

View all my reviews

No comments: