Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: Shadows on the Moon


Shadows on the Moon
Shadows on the Moon by Zoë Marriott

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



A bit slow but it had a good story to tell. I decided to read it, because I saw that it was based loosely on Cinderella. And I had recently read Cinder, which I loved, but this one was quite the opposite. The cultural viewpoints and behaviours taken from Asian tales were interesting, but not very engaging. I felt a bit bored at some point in the way the story was told. I did enjoy the ways our main character transformed and took a different name in each one of these transformations, as well as her loss and grieve shaped her choices building up to its ending.

For me, this was an okay book... Well crafted in it's setting and descriptions, but I didn't felt very much attuned or interested enough on what was happening to Suzume.



View all my reviews

No comments: