Friday, May 11, 2012

Review: Graceling


Graceling
Graceling by Kristin Cashore

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Beautiful! Well written and simply fantastic. What a wonderful story. This book tells us about Katsa, a woman who can kill with her hands and strength like no other. Her unique qualities are called Graces, and she lives in a land which is divided in seven kingdoms. She is the child killer of her uncle, king Randa. And she is also a member of the Council, a group intended to defend and protect people around the kingdoms. She faces a new event on her life that brings her to a different journey with people she didn't expect and hard choices to make.

I like how strength is embraced by Katsa, not only by her actions, but in her view of life and relationships. Her intensity and intelligence make her one good female character to lead.

This book was wonderful! It reminded me a bit on the imaginary places described in Melina Marchetta's Finnikin of the Rock, a book I ADORE, which makes "Graceling" part o my beloved fantasy worlds.



View all my reviews

No comments: