Monday, April 9, 2012

Review: Obsidian


Obsidian
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Once upon a time there was this tv show called Roswell whose main characters were so amazing. But this show moved on and then there was Twilight... I know, you've read this in other reviews: Obsidian is a combination of Roswell + Twilight (the fun parts of the latter). However, this book makes Bella look childish, hollow and weak. And brings the best of Liz Parker :)

I was so relieved to read that Katy was not a gullible 'bystander' (as she describes her feelings sometimes) she does stand up for herself, she is strong and flawed (of course, she is human after all).

Yes! This book made me happy. Made me giddy and left a nice big smile on my face. I appreciate when female main characters are not following a well known road of mad love, the kind that makes them forget they are equal to their main love interests, who are as smart, deep, empowered and important as everyone else.
Double- Yes! I loved how this book ended. I now can't wait to read the next one :D

I think Katy would have brought a cool nerdy twist to this imaginary encounter An Imagined Girls Night out between: Hermione, Katniss, Buffy and Bella




View all my reviews

No comments: