Monday, April 2, 2012

Review: Fade


Fade
Fade by Lisa McMann

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I think this Series has a perfect mix of rawness of social interactions covered by a paranormal blanket. As the previous book delivered, I really enjoyed this quick third person objective prose. It made me as a reader take on the story more personally. I felt very much involved in the events that occurred, and I can imagine this reading experience different if the prose was first person.

We follow the life of Janie and how she is dealing with new aspects of her life: a relationship, a new job and finishing school. So Cabel and the Captain are very present. and We also learn more about Janie's Dream Catcher abilities. They are doing an investigation concerning a possible sexual aggressor at their High School and they go undercover.

It kept me glued, reading and wanting to know more. This is quite impressive (for me) considering I'm also currently reading Melina Marchetta's "Froi of the Exiles" and I am a die-hard fan of her books and specially of her Lumatere Chronicles.
I recommend this series for a quick creative paranormal read. It will entertain you. It has mysteries, romance and everyday life situations.



View all my reviews

No comments: