Friday, April 27, 2012

Review: The Body Finder


The Body Finder
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



The Body Finder was constantly showing up in my book recommendations at Goodreads and I decided to give it a chance. The cover is gorgeous which made me more enthusiastic to go ahead and borrow it from the library.

It reminded me of tea. Yes, another taste-food comparison. I am a heavy coffee drinker, but occasionally enjoy a nice cup of Earl Grey, just black without any sweetener. It starts bitter, but your tongue gets used to it very easy and then, after sipping it through for a while an forget it's there, you just finish it with a big gulp. So at the end is always cold.
This is how I experienced this book, I felt compelled enough to open it, kind of enjoying the story but just not finding it amazing. The romance kept me entertained more than the mystery. I really am not that enthusiastic of going further by reading the next books on this series. It didn't leave that 'warm fuzzy happy first book feeling experience' that makes you want to start the next one RIGHT NOW!

To tell the truth, Violet's POV was not fun to share. I got bored in many parts immersed in her mind. I know I'm not in this book's age target, but I've had my share of YA readings and this particular character felt so much like all the hundred ones out there... Yeah, I'm not impressed.
Again, I feel grateful for simultaneously reading 2 much more engaging books :)



View all my reviews

No comments: