Friday, December 16, 2011

Review: Divergent


Divergent
Divergent by Veronica Roth

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I don't even know how to start this review, other than saying BRAVO. What an amazing story, it's well done: great pace and characters. It's only flaw is the weirdness of the future world created, divided in strange factions. It reminded me a bit of my school days and the houses we divided in (I went to a school that had a British system, kind of like Hogwarts... but without magic, lol) Anyways, fir me it was a bit over the top, not to believable at all. But beyond that. I'm impressed. What a wonderful , captivating book. I can't wait for May to bring me part 2.

In summary, this is the story of Beatrice - Tris and how she lives in a dystopian society particularly in Chicago, and after the choice she has to make on her sixteen birthday on the faction she'll be part for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor (Honesty), Abnegation (Selflessness), Dauntless (Bravery), Amity (Peaceful), and Erudite (Knowledge). Her family comes from the Abnegation faction and she is in a constant struggle with herself to follow Abnegation's values. And this is as much as I can tell without spoiling the plot.
I really recommend it. It was fun, fast paced and Tris kicks butt. It's refreshing to have a heroine so strong and determined. Yay for Divergent!



View all my reviews

No comments: