Thursday, December 1, 2011

Review: Crave


Crave
Crave by Melissa Darnell

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


OOOOOHHHH It's so bad I am still trying to get rid of the images it created in my head. Yuck!! I have this tendency to read books as if there is no tomorrow. I devour them, enjoy them and find them impossible to pull down. But this one, after sitting down for 6 hours to read it, I had to leave the last 10 pages unread... for a week! yes, me, the book-eater! It was painfully bad. So bad I want my 6 lost hours back... oh, well, I just found the courage to skim through these last few pages because I need to return it to the library -thankfully, I didn't spend money on it-.

It is the story of this high school girl Savannah, who is half witch and vampire, and Tristan a member of the Clann, a very powerful group of witches... and we have dance competitions, Texas (y'all... pleaaasseee), NFL trials and cheerleaders and aaarhhhh it's too painful.




It has a playlist at the end of the book with the songs the authors thinks are cool for each chapter. I believe Trent Reznor (NiN) will not be happy to share space with Enrique Iglesias. Hell, I sometimes have music mismatches but I respect God Trent above all and Enrique is not cool, not cool at all. The music list is a fair glimpse of how unconnected this book is. The only good thing about this book is the advertisement at the back for Julie Kagawa's The Iron Fey series, also from Harlequin Teen!

I now need a good book detox (I'm grateful to be simultaneously reading other stuff).



View all my reviews

No comments: